Community discussions

MikroTik App

luccio96
just joined
Topic Author

[R11e-LTE6] - CANNOT upgrade LTE firmware

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:44 am

Hi guys,

I've a RBM33G with R11e-LTE6 modem: the main problem is that I can't upgrade or downgrade from the firmware version that I've "R11e-LTE6_V022_085TB"; I know that the latest version available is the v025 one and the normal command:
interface lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes

not give me a way to update, also show me an error.

Thanks.

Kindis

Re: [R11e-LTE6] - CANNOT upgrade LTE firmware

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm

What happens if you run the same command but without update=yes

This so you see if you need the firmware.
I got a similar issues on an wAP-R that has the "R11e-LTE" card. Do not remeber the all of the error message but I know I got TIme-Out and in my case it was two issues.
I did not have any data left on the sim-card and I had forgotten to add new in connection state on my input drop rule. After i fixed this timeout issue resolved and I could update once again.

luccio96
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 pm

What happens if you run the same command but without update=yes

This so you see if you need the firmware.
I got a similar issues on an wAP-R that has the "R11e-LTE" card. Do not remeber the all of the error message but I know I got TIme-Out and in my case it was two issues.
I did not have any data left on the sim-card and I had forgotten to add new in connection state on my input drop rule. After i fixed this timeout issue resolved and I could update once again.
If I send that command without Upgrade=Yes, it show that there is a new version to update (v025) of course.

gcx
just joined

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:06 am

Hi,
I'm coming from the same version "R11e-LTE6_V022_085TB" and I'm experiencing the same issue.
Do you solve it?

Tnx

luccio96
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:37 am

Hi,
I'm coming from the same version "R11e-LTE6_V022_085TB" and I'm experiencing the same issue.
Do you solve it?

Tnx
Hello,

Mikrotik support says that this is a prerelease version so it can't be updated, currently I'm waiting for them..

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [R11e-LTE6] - CANNOT upgrade LTE firmware  [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:23 pm

I observe that threat and must say that upgrade must be done only via MikroTik Support.
Please write to suppport@mikrotik.com or create account at https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk . You should have a case already, try find it and send answer at exist ticket.

This modem can be upgraded from FILE but I thinks it's not be that easy if you use the "beta/release candicate" firmware's.
In my situation, all test firmware was installed by MikroTik support only.

If you not have the Public IP then probably the MikroTik ask you to create a vpn to their VPN Serwer and that way MikroTik Support can do support at your hardware via internal ssh/winbox etc.
They not use any Remote Access apps like TeamViewer etc - I think.
This should be te same way in with you install your current firmware.

Give your feedback later.

gcx
just joined

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:42 pm

I observe that threat and must say that upgrade must be done only via MikroTik Support.
Please write to suppport@mikrotik.com or create account at https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk . You should have a case already, try find it and send answer at exist ticket.

This modem can be upgraded from FILE but I thinks it's not be that easy if you use the "beta/release candicate" firmware's.
In my situation, all test firmware was installed by MikroTik support only.

If you not have the Public IP then probably the MikroTik ask you to create a vpn to their VPN Serwer and that way MikroTik Support can do support at your hardware via internal ssh/winbox etc.
They not use any Remote Access apps like TeamViewer etc - I think.
This should be te same way in with you install your current firmware.

Give your feedback later.
You are right.
I've asked them to update my firmware, and they do it.

Tnx