Community discussions

MikroTik App

samihadi
just joined
Topic Author

mikrotik load balance detected

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi,
I have problem in my network. I have users used mikrotik load balancing in pppoe. he used muti pppoe users WAN and one LAN. I want detect how use pppoe load balancing.
Can I detect how used pppoe load balancing in my network ?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: mikrotik load balance detected

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Out of curiosity, why is that a problem? I suppose he pays for both PPPoE accounts?

If each PPPoE client connects from its own MAC address and uses a different username, there is no way to find out that the two clients are used in load sharing mode, as the IP addresses you can see at their end are distinct too, so there is no common identifier at the client end you could use to correlate the two PPPoE connections to each other.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

samihadi
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi sindy,

I sell a service pppoe for home user. But there are people who buy from me several subscriptions and then merge these subscriptions into one router and take out an internet service and sell this service again. I want to know who uses merging Between pppoe users Or stop this process I mean load balancing ( ECMP , PCC , NTH ).

Thank you

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Check your private mail.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

samihadi
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Thank you sindy

HackXBack

Fri May 15, 2020 1:12 am

I have the same issue, did you found the solution ?