Community discussions

MikroTik App

txfz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WinBox global/default settings

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 am

Not sure if this is the place for WinBox stuff.

Would like some way to set up default settings for WinBox. Probably not exact window size and position (maybe column width, though?), but primarily I always set up inline comments, and show a few extra columns, such as To address and port in the Firewall NAT table.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: WinBox global/default settings

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:37 pm

In Winbox "session" menu select " autosave on close"
Then windows size and all your "adaptation" should work next time you open Winbox and the sub windows.

Unfortunalty there is a F___ bug right now in winbox 3.22 and 3.23 which makes this not work.
But if you use Winbox 3.21 it does work.
We all hope for mtik fixing this ASAP!

bobatkins
just joined

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:06 am

I would like to 2nd this request. I manage over 200 units and use Winbox (currently v3.24) exclusively. I only use Webfig on rare occasions because I really prefer the efficiency of Winbox. With Winbox, I can set and save the various window columns that I prefer when I connect to a particular router but, I have to do it again and again for each new device that I connect to. Seems that it should be possible to configure my favorite columns as a basic default so that every router I connect to shows what I prefer whether or not I have connected to it in the past.

To add even more annoyance, I use several computers (2 different desktops, a laptop and my phone) to connect to Mikrotik devices and of course whatever I do on one for a device doesn't get remembered for the other computers. :-(
Not sure if this is the place for WinBox stuff.

Would like some way to set up default settings for WinBox. Probably not exact window size and position (maybe column width, though?), but primarily I always set up inline comments, and show a few extra columns, such as To address and port in the Firewall NAT table.

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 am

Just select a session file in connect dialog (Advanced view) and you're good. You can sync this file with other computers via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.

txfz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:21 pm

I discovered the sessions feature the other day. It's good, but it's not quite there for me... I would still like individual sessions per device. I just want to copy the default session on first connect, rather than starting from a clean slate.

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:48 am

I discovered the sessions feature the other day. It's good, but it's not quite there for me... I would still like individual sessions per device. I just want to copy the default session on first connect, rather than starting from a clean slate.
Im looking for exactly the same as the user above (and also manage 100s+ of devices in winbox as well). Ideally a default "sessions" file that is used (by default), and if you make a change to a specific mirkotik, then that sticks to the specific mikrotik (like it does now).

(this should be straight forward to implement as everything seems to be in place , as is now, in winbox, Its just adding the ability to point to your "global" default sessions file).
tks

Railander
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Im looking for exactly the same as the user above (and also manage 100s+ of devices in winbox as well). Ideally a default "sessions" file that is used (by default), and if you make a change to a specific mirkotik, then that sticks to the specific mikrotik (like it does now).

(this should be straight forward to implement as everything seems to be in place , as is now, in winbox, Its just adding the ability to point to your "global" default sessions file).
tks
this is also exactly what i need.

i want a customized default config for a new device session to pull from but it becomes its own session after first login.

kovaga
just joined

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:52 am

+1 to support the default window settings feature.

What is also lacking is the ability to have an optimal column width, so in case the content of the column is greater then its width it would be expanded automatically to show all of the content. Similar to that we have in Excel. i.e. double click on the colum separator to adjust the optimum width or RMB and select optimal width from the menu. Especially annoying in firewall.

Kagome
just joined

Sun May 07, 2023 7:21 pm

+1 to support the default window settings feature.

I'm new to the MikroTik eco System but that is one of the first things I dislike.
Simple things like the dashboard, font size (for old people) and the option for inline comments ... have to be done on every device.
We have currently only 3 devices for testing (Performance) and some CHR also for testing (automated setup) but plan to get > 100.