Community discussions

MikroTik App

yomiciouz
just joined
Topic Author

RADIUS MAC AUTHENTICATION

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:19 am

I have a Mikrotik Base Station and Ihave configured a RADIUS - Advanced ISP billing.

I want the Mikrotik base station to send all authentication request based on the clients radio's MAC address to AIB.

Is it possible? I enable MAC AUTHENTICATION and configured my AAA but I cant see MT sending any request to AIB but I can see requesr for Login sent to AIB, note I also enabled Wireless in AAA.

Thanks in advance.

YomiCiouz

edzix

Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:08 pm

if you are using HotSpot, then you can set auth-mac=yes (under '/ip hotspot'). Then the authentication scenarion will be done in this sequence:

1. When the user is trying to authenticate, he becomes temporary IP address and Mikrotik sends RADIUS authentication request with MAC address of
unauthenticated client as Username.

2. If the RADIUS server responds with access accept message the client is moved to authenticated user state. Otherwise, if the RADIUS server denies access, then user gets login page and will have to log in with username/password to gain access.

In this case both user's MAC address and also login parameter should be entered as two different users in the RADIUS server's config file.

Edgars

Lord
just joined

Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:34 pm

you may use PPPoE. It used MAC-address for Caller-Id