Community discussions

MikroTik App

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

MT and 2 PCMCIA (PCI) Adaptor - Problem

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:16 am

Hi, i'm try using two PCMCIA Adaptors (Texas InstrumentsChipset) with Senao Card and only one is active. Don't activate both no way. This is test in lab and there are no IRQ conflict or slot. Thank's for help. Excuse my english.

gemi
just joined

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:11 pm

MT supports only 3 types of adapters:
- Vadem VG-469 PCMCIA-ISA adapter (one or two PCMCIA ports)
- RICOH PCMCIA-PCI Bridge with R5C475 II or RC476 II chip (one or two PCMCIA ports)
- CISCO/Aironet PCMCIA adapter (ISA and PCI versions) for CISCO/Aironet PCMCIA cards only
So it's good that even one of yours TI adapter works.

What motherboard you have?

I have similar problem, but with supported RICOH PCMCIA-PCI Bridge with R5C475. It won't work on my Dell OptiPlex GX1, which have Intel BX chipset mo-bo and Pentium III 450 CPU. Adapter is reconized, but it don't get IRQ.
Did anyone tested PCIMCIA adapters on Intel BX motherboard ?

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:46 am

My motherboard is Asus P4S800 and both the cards get correct irq but only one is active. If i disable and enable the card and reboot the router both get active, but rarely and with wireless legacy. The one active card work perfectly with legacy or normal wireless package. I'need two card because my project include 4 setorial antenna for 360 degree. I'm live in Brazil and the PCMCIA cards here were rare. Thanks for help.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:00 am

just as gemi said, the adapter you use is not supported, so you are lucky that even one card works. if you can get one of the listed adapters, then there will be no problem

- Vadem VG-469 PCMCIA-ISA adapter (one or two PCMCIA ports)
- RICOH PCMCIA-PCI Bridge with R5C475 II or RC476 II chip (one or two PCMCIA ports)

you can buy them at mikrotik.com if you are interested

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:48 am

Hi normis, only one more question: apic is enable and the serial port com1. This is can make trouble? IRQ conflicts? I'm interested in buy the adpater in mikrotik.com, but there no are credit card acceptance (or i can't see), just very burocratic international bank transfers. Thanks.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:42 am

We do accept credit cards (VISA or MC), I don't think Com port can cause trouble. for the interest - you can try to move the had drive and the adapter to some different computer and see if it works there. or install a demo version on another computer and see if it works (24 hour free version works with wireless cards)

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:26 am

Thanks for the credit cards info. I'm testing on 3 flash cards and 24 hour demos. I move for other platform with identical chipset but with this diferences: PCI Video Card (before AGP), no LAN (before VIA VT 6105 based). Both the cards works perfect!!! Apic is enabled and the video card share one IRQ with one Adapter, but no problem!