Community discussions

MikroTik App

Observator
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS v7 and Chateau LTE12

Tue May 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Gurus,

Three technical questions regarding RouterOS v7 and Chateau LTE12.

1. Is it possible to decide/choose which external antenna will be for TX and which for RX? This is very useful feature for users with external antennas. It's possible for e.g. Teltonika RUT955 LTE router.
2. Is it possible to control the power of the antennas? For TX of course...
3. How does the LTE carrier aggregation configuration looks like? Is it enough to mark all required (two or three) band checkboxes via GUI?

Regards,

Observator

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RouterOS v7 and Chateau LTE12

Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 pm

1. There are total 4 antenna connections for the CAT12 modem and for 2 antenna connections you can change from internal to external antenna - you can configure both antennas connectors separately (which will be external and which internal). For the TX only the main (first) antenna is used - which can be configured to external.

2. No the modem has the standard LTE output power.

3. The same like for the CAT6 modem - you just select which LTE bands modem can use and then it will automatically decide which CA to use.

Observator
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank you for the quick response!

Observator

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 am

uldis
1. There are total 4 antenna connections for the CAT12 modem and for 2 antenna connections you can change from internal to external antenna - you can configure both antennas connectors separately (which will be external and which internal). For the TX only the main (first) antenna is used - which can be configured to external.
@uldis - we in Poland now have that device with ROS 7beta6
Where is documentation to that function to change antenna ?
Why Block Diagram not have a sim slot and mPCIe for lte module or at list at left a bumble with LTE information?
What is a code name for LTE module e.g. R11e-lte12-ea ? Why you not use a SoC with -G Global to use it with America too ?
When you upgrade the https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE with information about Chateau ?

Thanks in advance.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 am

SiB, that's because there is no miniPCI in there.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Two possibility options:
  • You enter into M.2 socket to start new era or Perfect MikroTik New Hiper Super LTE Category devices base at Quactel EG12/18 and EG20 and all in Global version.... and we start became innovative again...
  • You integrated SoC with PCB like in old SXT LTE 3-7 :( all because that device in first place was created to ISP market, not for customer market... :( <- I think this is a real case.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 am

Two possibility options:
  • You enter into M.2 socket to start new era or Perfect MikroTik New Hiper Super LTE Category devices base at Quactel EG12/18 and EG20 and all in Global version.... and we start became innovative again...
  • You integrated SoC with PCB like in old SXT LTE 3-7 :( all because that device in first place was created to ISP market, not for customer market... :( <- I think this is a real case.
1. Chateau board PCB has a future built option for m.2 slot for LTE/5G so it is possible to introduce such configuration in future. To be more competitive it is more effective to use the specific module for each region rather than introduce global version which would be more expensive.
2. We are constantly working on new board designs so we will release new LTE/5G boards in future.

mikrotiknoobfromeu
just joined

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:17 pm

For God's sake, how to change which antenna is used ? That functionality is mentioned above but there is not a word in manual. I have extremely high RSSI but low other parameters and i suspect by default external antenna is used (i dont have one as they dont come with the device itself).

mikrotiknoobfromeu
just joined

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 pm

For God's sake, how to change which antenna is used ? That functionality is mentioned above but there is not a word in manual. I have extremely high RSSI but low other parameters and i suspect by default external antenna is used (i dont have one as they dont come with the device itself).

UPDATE alright found it Interface list>LTE> Modem (button) > External antenna: dropdown

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:14 am

mikrotiknoobfromeu
UPDATE alright found it Interface list>LTE> Modem (button) > External antenna: dropdown
and System > Reboot

oceanmaster

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm

"...we will release new LTE/5G boards in future."

Exciting stuff, can't wait! Do you have any rough timeline?

leopardus2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Is there a way to have the modem use external antenna only? I have an external 2x2 panel but when I move the router in another place of the room the signal changes a lot so it is evidently using internal ones as well .... can that be excluded?

Thanks
Rick

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Did you set the use the external antennas? The signal could also change if i changes to another cell tower or band/frequency.
Is there a way to have the modem use external antenna only? I have an external 2x2 panel but when I move the router in another place of the room the signal changes a lot so it is evidently using internal ones as well .... can that be excluded?

Thanks
Rick

leopardus2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Did you set the use the external antennas? The signal could also change if i changes to another cell tower or band/frequency.
Yes of course. I think it is not using the internal ones and I was indeed wrong. It just had momentarily connected to another tower because the cell lock was reset due to a reboot.

Thanks !
Rick

magnavox

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 am

3. The same like for the CAT6 modem - you just select which LTE bands modem can use and then it will automatically decide which CA to use.
Hi Team,
please indicate how to configure external antenna.

Model: RBD53G-5HacD2HnD
ROS: 7.1beta2

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi Team,
please indicate how to configure external antenna.

Model: RBD53G-5HacD2HnD
ROS: 7.1beta2
You read a documentation ?
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... tennausage
ANT1 is Main of course.

Mutch more info here: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... tennausage