Community discussions

MikroTik App

sampgoogly
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik User Log Server Need

Fri May 15, 2020 6:16 pm

Hello,
I know its weird question , but as per our government requirement now every isp, lsp need to store user log till 365 days. so i need to configure Mikrotik log server. I tried syslog in windows.

Everything works fine but the problem is i cant filter out my user log by individually, by ip, by date. is there any method u know ? or any help reagarding this issue to filter out and see
the log by customization.?

Thank you

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik User Log Server Need

Fri May 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Dont know, but also one has to ensure you are writing logs to a disk (and not the memory which could easily get erased).
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Maybe have a look at the syslog that comes with DUDE. The DUDE syslog has some rules for filtering and sending to the logging system. It uses the RouterOS logging actions to write the files.
Most of the reporting will have to be done by filtering on those text files.
Not perfect, but no need for a computer to collect the information.
Klembord-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sampgoogly
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:18 am

i need more elaborate tuitorial can anyone give me some trigger to solve the problem ?. I tried syslog analyzer with RSylog in ubuntu but i cant store the log and modify the output.