mschumy82
just joined
Topic Author

help script mikrotik sxt lte

Sat May 16, 2020 2:10 am

I apologize in advance for bad English, but I use a translator

Hello everyone, my name is fabio and I'm new to the world of routeros,
start from the first problem:
i have a mikrotik sxt lte, with sim wind3, configured, and up to all well, the problem i have is the following:
wind3 in my area, at band 7 after 00.30 it stops working (I don't know the reason but it is so) and it picks up not before 6 in the morning, so I set two bands, band 7 and 3, and made the following rule with netswitch:
I configured it so when the following script goes down
"/ interface lte set nubers = lte1 band = 7.3"
as host I put 8.8.8.8
interval 1 minute
and timeout 1000ms

so that when he goes down the line he searches in band 7 and then in 3, but here the problem occurs, that once he has set the 7 and 3, when he goes down he does not force the antenna to search for the bands, but it automatically starts at 3 or 7 randomly, and I would like you to first force 7 and then if for some reason it doesn't go, then go to 3, but this is random and I don't understand why, very likely I'm wrong something ..
I also thought of making 2 rules in netswitch, with the same script, one with only the 7 and the other with the 3, so that when it goes down the first part of the script with the 7, if for some reason it does not go, start it script with 3, but even here I make something wrong, because they both go down, and then in the end only accepts the script with band 3, I don't know if I'm wrong the timeouts or the intervals, can someone help me?

I simply would like him to operate only with bands 7 and 3, and especially every time he goes down (which happens 4/5 times a day) he always forces the 7, and only if he doesn't find it (like happens at night) use the 3, but that whenever you go down you always force the 7

this is the first question, I have others, but I would like to solve this first

ps

I also made a scheduler
that once a day at 8 am only band 7 runs

/ interface lte set numbers = lte1 band = 7

and this works perfectly, but the problem that if he goes down maybe the first time between 7 and 3 he chooses the 7 but then the times after is random, or rather I don't know based on what he chooses the 7 or the 3
I hope I explained myself in the best way,
have patience but those who help me must have a little patience and follow me step by step because they are really novice
thanks a lot to everyone

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: help script mikrotik sxt lte

Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 pm

To many question in this story.
First please read the https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE, part of r11e-lte6 cell lock.

Probably to "fix" ca you can type:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at*call=0"
and below 10s the ca assign, check this.

You should could force B3 or B7 by Frequency lock like
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at*call=1,3,,earfcn"
where earfcn is a number of one of your B3 or B7 band center of freq ± width
In this mode you can lock band, but not tower and you can hop to other tower and his cell.

To lock tower&cell you must add phy-cellid
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at*call=2,3,,earfcn,phy-cellid"

You should add logs:
system logging add topics=lte

Enable LteLogger: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153622&hilit=watchdog#p768105

and then you can track all stuff in logs.

You can do even a graph of max speed DL&UL from 24h at testmy.net .

Many stuff, many ways to diagnose and fix. For now, more diagnostic and less netwatch.