Community discussions

MikroTik App

dalami
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RSTP status

Sun May 24, 2020 6:20 am

Is there a way of viewing the "status" of (R)STP? A way to show current traffic paths and identify misconfiguration?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RSTP status

Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 am

/interface bridge monitor your-bridge-name

dalami
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: RSTP status

Mon May 25, 2020 12:45 am

Thank you - but unless I'm not understanding what I'm looking at (which is likely) this doesn't answer my need. I've looked at that information, both in terminal and Winbox, and what I'm seeing is overall bridge status. I guess what I want to see is something that shows actual connections, like the remote MAC and/or IP's detected on various ports and how the traffic would flow. Maybe an indication that interface "ether1" and "ether5" are both possibilities for traffic from "ether3", and "ether5" is chosen based on it's "rank".

In my case, as a very amateur and self-taught network admin, I've recently gone from one "master" Routerboard to three such devices interconnected - and I've developed some intermittent network issues. I'm certain misconfiguration is the cause, and I've taken some steps that "might" have addressed them (time will tell), but I'd love a way to actually watch the flow. More than just a packet sniffer - a way to see the decisions the routers/switches/bridges are making regarding traffic flow.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RSTP status  [SOLVED]

Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 am

I'm not aware of a way to see the STP status of individual ports. You can see the forwarding table using /interface bridge host print, but that's not the same (a port may be open but no MAC address may be learnt through it).