Community discussions

MikroTik App

lobber24
just joined
Topic Author

Connectivity issues with NordVPN

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi all

I recently setup a connection on my router to use NordVPN, using the following guide:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/IKEv2_EA ... d_RouterOS

I set all my LAN traffic to route through the connection, as per the guide:
/ip firewall address-list
add address=192.168.100.0/24 list=local

For the most part everything seems to be working, however I have noticed that my Instagram app doesn't refresh and same with my Gmail. Also can't seem to get Chromecast to work, when casting Youtube or other content. Not sure if there is something i may have missed?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Connectivity issues with NordVPN

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Check this first. If it does not cure your issue, come back.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

lobber24
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestion:

I followed the link you mentioned and did the following test, as per the forum info:

1. Clicked "Post Reply"
2. Type in some random information
3. Clicked the "Preview" option and the preview came up in about 2 seconds

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:19 pm

That test suggested by @msatter is intended to compare the results with and without the policy with action=none as described there. So the absolute value (2 seconds) is not important as such, what is important is whether adding the policy makes it shorter or not.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.