Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaguerere
just joined
Topic Author

100% CPU Usage in CCR1036 and 1072

Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 am

Hello, we had an CCR1036 and a few months ago the CPU began to reach 100% usage at peak traffic hours, this traffic is usually between 4.2 - 5 Gbps for two or three hours at night. Because of this we thought that change it to a CCR1072 would fix the problem but it didnt. Both of them were in the v6.45.9.

We saw using profile tool that the process that was cosuming all the CPU was TRAFFIC-ACCOUNTING and the uncounted traffic is high.

ip accounting uncounted print
packets: 3170843
bytes: 266505915

The configuration is pretty simple. It has two interfaces with one vlan each one and three pppoe sessions with minimum traffic. In one of the vlan is running a DHCP server and it has around 3300 leases and this vlan interface is the one that has all the traffic.

I have been told that this is a very big numbers of sessions to be managed by the router, that is why it has so many traffic uncounted, and the solution is to split the leases in two routers. Is it correct? are this many sessions for these routers (1036 and 1072)? These is not an information i could find on the internet.

Thanks in advance if you could help me resolve this issue.

techsovereignty
just joined

Re: 100% CPU Usage in CCR1036 and 1072

Tue May 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Hello, we had an CCR1036 and a few months ago the CPU began to reach 100% usage at peak traffic hours, this traffic is usually between 4.2 - 5 Gbps for two or three hours at night. Because of this we thought that change it to a CCR1072 would fix the problem but it didnt. Both of them were in the v6.45.9.

We saw using profile tool that the process that was cosuming all the CPU was TRAFFIC-ACCOUNTING and the uncounted traffic is high.

ip accounting uncounted print
packets: 3170843
bytes: 266505915

The configuration is pretty simple. It has two interfaces with one vlan each one and three pppoe sessions with minimum traffic. In one of the vlan is running a DHCP server and it has around 3300 leases and this vlan interface is the one that has all the traffic.

I have been told that this is a very big numbers of sessions to be managed by the router, that is why it has so many traffic uncounted, and the solution is to split the leases in two routers. Is it correct? are this many sessions for these routers (1036 and 1072)? These is not an information i could find on the internet.

Thanks in advance if you could help me resolve this issue.
Hi almost same our Mikrotik CCR 1072-1G-8SFP+, we experience also 100% CPU but on peak hours, we have 1Gbps Bandwidth and use PPPoE server with have 600 clients, No NAT, only block lan user on firewall, VLAN and Bridge