Community discussions

MikroTik App

conextelecom
just joined
Topic Author

BGP - 1072

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:06 am

I NEED HELP, I HAVE A 1072 WITH VERSION 6.44.6 RUNNING WITH 100% PROCESSING, IN IT WE HAVE OSPF FOR OTHER CONCENTRATORS, OPERATOR BGP SESSIONS AND PTT SESSIONS, WHAT CAN BE WRONG SO THAT THIS PROCESSED IS ALWAYS ON LIMIT?

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Re: BGP - 1072

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:33 am

Tools > profile to find which process is using the CPU

conextelecom
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 pm

100% processing with 10gb of traffic. follows some images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hknet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:29 am

based on your ROS release I'd assume this setup has been in production for some time.
band-aid suggestions:
switch on fastpath, yes you have to remove firewall-policies, also make sure your ip services are secured.
as your network processing load seems incredibly high I'd suspect some kind of looping and/or broadcast-storming happening.
if possible enable loop-protection on your interfaces - always mind yourself you could lock yourself out if you have no dedicated management-port to connect to this box. if you use bridges look into spanning tree options;

I've never seen this kind of load at 10G bandwidth, therefore I'm quite surprised.

if you're running IPv6 and have several /64 or smaller prefixes locally terminated someone could theoretically fill your cores with neighbor discoveries (though I believe there should already protections be in place for this, but I'm not sure sorry), in the end if nothing else helps you could try disabling ipv6 addresses from your local interface and see if this works, but I seriously believe you have something looping in your network.

nithinkumar2000
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:23 am

based on your ROS release I'd assume this setup has been in production for some time.
band-aid suggestions:
switch on fastpath, yes you have to remove firewall-policies, also make sure your ip services are secured.
as your network processing load seems incredibly high I'd suspect some kind of looping and/or broadcast-storming happening.
if possible enable loop-protection on your interfaces - always mind yourself you could lock yourself out if you have no dedicated management-port to connect to this box. if you use bridges look into spanning tree options;

I've never seen this kind of load at 10G bandwidth, therefore I'm quite surprised.

if you're running IPv6 and have several /64 or smaller prefixes locally terminated someone could theoretically fill your cores with neighbor discoveries (though I believe there should already protections be in place for this, but I'm not sure sorry), in the end if nothing else helps you could try disabling ipv6 addresses from your local interface and see if this works, but I seriously believe you have something looping in your network.
I Agree with you sir

hknet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:50 pm

I'm curious - have you found the culprit bogging your cores to full load?