Community discussions

MikroTik App

OpenFiber
Topic Author

hAP ac³ USB Port not working?

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi guys,

Trying to get a USB GPS / Glonass device working on a Mikrotik hAP ac³, the device is installed in a mobile home / RV and the idea is to create a script that periodically reads out the coordinates and when 'significant' movement is detected pushes the new coordinates to a server using the LTE connection.

The problem is that I don't get the USB GPS device working on the hAP ac³, whilst the same device works on another router (hEX PoE), both running 6.47.1 software / firmware.

It seems like that the hAP ac³ is not even seeing / detecting the USB port... We do not have a spare hAP ac³ so unable to verify if this problem is generic or only applies to this specific hAP ac³.

Also tried other USB devices like a USB pendrive, but not detected on the hAP ac³ either.

Anybody else tried the USB port of the hAP ac³?

GPS working on hEX PoE

OpenFiber
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac² USB Port not working?

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Just took the time to test it on a hAP ac² with the same software, since this device is quite similar in architecture.
But it also works on a hAP ac² so it's not something architecture (ARM) related.

USB port working on hAP ac²

As far as I can analyse the problem seems to be related to the USB port of the hAP AC³, not the GPS software, since the USB port is not even listed in the 'System > Ports'.

Can anybody else confirm that the USB port is not listed under 'ports' on their "hAP ac³ LTE6 kit" device?
If the port works other 'hAP ac³'-devices than I might need to return mine for warranty repair.

friction

Re: hAP ac³ USB Port not working?

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm

I know this is kind of a stale thread, but did you manage to figure it out?
Was it the device, is it a limitation, firmware upgrade...