Community discussions

MikroTik App

GJS
Topic Author

PPTP Server Without Proxy-ARP

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:53 am

I am trying to create a VPN from a PC to a remote MT/network. I notice in the manual it says that Proxy-ARP must be enabled on the local interface on the MT when configured as a PPTP server. I use ARP Reply-Only on this interface so is there another way?

Thanks.

edzix

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:42 pm

proxy-arp is used in situations when there are more IPs from the same subnet on one interface, so - if you are using for your VPN connection the same IPs as the real interface has then enable this arp mode.

Edgars

GJS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:58 am

There are two subnets on the private interface 10.X.X.X/24 and 192.168.X.X/24. The public interface goes to the internet. I want to be able to connect with devices on the 10.X.X.X subnet from the Internet. I have to use ARP-Reply Only on the private interface.

What if I have a third subnet, used by PPTP interface only, which is routed to 10.X.X.X? Can this be done?

mag

Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:30 pm

What if I have a third subnet, used by PPTP interface only, which is routed to 10.X.X.X? Can this be done?
if i understand the dokumentation correctly, a virtual ip-address could be crated by the local-ip address parameter (first server example), which could be routed to. have you tried this?

regards.
   matthias