Community discussions

MikroTik App

knobbchiz
just joined
Topic Author

cAP AC Bricked - Unsuccessful recovery

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi all,

My rbcapgi-5acd2nd cAP AC is bricked and I cannot recover it. It powers on fine and the blue light shines when doing so, I see the eth0 and eth1 flicker when connected as well. Those are the only lights shining unfortunately.

When I try to reset pressing down on the reset button, the LED lights don't go off as expected and it appears that I cannot enable the etherboot so that I can use Netistall. Neither Winbox nor Netinstall detects the device, even when connected directly to my laptop or connected to a switch. I have a Hex S which works fine and connects fine to winbox and is my main home router.

I have followed suggestions from other posts, holding down reset 300 seconds, connect via Virtualbox running XP, disabling antivirus, disabling other network interfaces etc.

Apart from the device powered up and lights flickering, is there a way I can revive this device?

Thank you in advance.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: cAP AC Bricked - Unsuccessful recovery

Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Are the LEDs blinking only when LAN port have a link or any time it powers up with just power? (if they blink even without a ethernet link, it might be HW failure... if it negotiates ethernet it's at least doing something and CPU should be running)
When connected to a PC with direct cable, run wireshark and see if there are any packets coming from it. If it tries to connect to netinstall, you should see it. If you see requests but no replies, there is some software problem with netinstall.

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:23 am

This might not be the same problem but I thought I'd bricked a single-port mAP lite when I factory reset it. Except when I twigged that a non-CAPS factory reset configures it as a router and therefore you can't connect using Winbox and a wired connection (firewall blocks you). However, you can connect to the default Wi-Fi network and then access via Winbox.

mawn006
just joined

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi All

I have a similar problem. I have tried to perform a reset of the device as per instruction manual but it does not seem to be effective. The issue I have now is that the device power on but nothing else happens. Only the blue power LED is lit. I have installed the app on my phone as well and tried to discover the device but without success. None of the other LED's are lit

Thanks