Community discussions

MikroTik App

nevolex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

LTE passthrough the best setup

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 am

Hi guys, first of all wanted to say thank you for the great support on this form I have been having over a few months :)

I have 2 mirkorik devices connected via trunk and I am passing 2 vlans vlan10 and 20

There is DHCP server on the router 1 for both vlans and the router 2 is just s client

I am planning to get a lte mikrotik device and get it pluged to thу secondary router

Main router it rb4011 and the 2d one is an Audience (it only has 2 ports and 1 is used is a trunk)

My idea is to connect the lte device to the second port of the audience, but how can i do it ?

If i turn on lte passthrough, the managemen will be lost right?

So I would need to create a trunk out of the 2nd port of the Audience same on the lte device, is it correct?
Then let's say built a point to point network /30

Or shell I instead pass another vlan over the existing trunk let's say vlan 100 and then use the 2nd ethernet as an access port for that vlan100 plug the lte device in

would that work as passthrough ?

thank you

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LTE passthrough the best setup

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:51 pm

when you enable passthrough feature at specific interface (can be vlan, separate port etc...) then the first device who request dhcp it receive the IP from ISP.
Thas all.

This meam, second device must use a dhcp client to receive ISP IP from device who give that IP.
You can use few subnet at the same interface without YOUR DHCP bcs the passhtough is in reality hiden DHCP Server and the passthrough-mac-address is just a first static client/lease of him to what IP will be given.

This should create you a proper idea how you can use it.