Community discussions

MikroTik App

Montana
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CMTS PCI card

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:34 am

Well Im still looking for a CMTS PCI card that I can use in a Cable system. Has anyone seen anything that would work in a Mikrotik Box?

Montana
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CMTS PCI card

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 pm

Hey Guys I found a CMTS PCI adapter card can be plugged into a PC to convert the PC into CMTS that would give 1DS x 1US, DOCSIS 1.0 (Software upgradeable to DOCSIS 1.1)
Does anyone know anything about this. Is there any way to get Mikrotik to make use of this adapter. I would think that this would make more revenue streams available to MT. The card is from http://www.C9networks.com From what I have read it appears that they are using Linux.

Skaught
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:46 am

Is MT not at all interested in this? We are now working with several ISPs who we are building 100% MT networks with, except the CMTS portions.

sandov63

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

wao if mikrotik company develop for cable modems systems many companys will be instrested, in particular multivision, my company, im interested
Cuando la ignorancia se impone, la razon cordialmente cede el paso.

Montana
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Well Im still looking for a solution. I have had several opertunities to pick-up an old cable business and turn it around but with out a Mikrotik solution Im having to pass it up.

I now have the local telephone company Qwest come in to town and put in DSL for $14/mth.
I tried to get Qwest to do something for years and they refused. Now that I have invested thousands of dollars and a few years of my time installing internet I now get to go around and take all of my stuff down. How do you compete with them? This is why I am looking for a CTMS solution as I could have other things to offer like Cable TV and Internet and Voip to give them a run for there money.

mac86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

Hi !

I've mailed to c9networks, but they said don't build any more PCI cmts based
interfaces.

Have you been get your CMTS PCI interface based ?

I've a experience with linux. I think there is possible to do something.

best regards.
Andres.