Community discussions

MikroTik App

jose
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

How to route msn through a specific WAN

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:07 am

Hello, I am doing "improved load balancing over multiple wateways" as mikrotik wiki example.

I have two routes, the first has 2MB/512k, the second one has 1MB/1MB, I route two connections for the first route and one conecction for the other.

This setups works OK but sometimes the upload of the first route gets saturated because it has more weight.

because video conferencing through msn messenger is a high consumer of upload bandwidth I want to route msn traffic through the second route.

I made with the following code:

chain=prerouting in-interface=switch protocol=tcp dst-port=1863 connection-state=new action=mark-connection
new-connection-mark=conteo_movi passthrough=yes

chain=prerouting in-interface=switch connection-mark=conteo_movi action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=ruta_movi
passthrough=no

This rules are at the beginning of the mangle; switch is the local interface, ruta_movi is the route with more upload bandwidth.

Everything seems to be OK because I see no packets going to the other route through the 1893 port BUT when someone starts to do video conferencing I see no increment in ruta_movi.

So: Does msn video belong to other connection than the originated through 1863 port?

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks