Community discussions

MikroTik App

Heavy
just joined
Topic Author

Two internet connections, same provider, PPPoE Failover, how?

Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Hello everyone, i apologize if the question has already been asked, i've tried to google a bit but i could not find an adequate answer. I have two internet connections with the same provider, a GPON FTTH connection in which access takes place via PPPoE assigned to a VLAN and the other FWA connection with the PPPoE assigned to the ethernet interface, in essence i have conected, on my RB3011, to the eth1 the FWA antenna (a QRT 5) and on the eth2 the ONT with a vlan assigned to the eth2, I would like to configure PPPoE in such a way that in case the FTTH connection fails, the interface changes by set automatically eth1 instead of vlan1, when the FTTH connection returns it should return the interface assigned to PPPoE as vlan1, i've tried to add multiple interfaces in PPPoE settings with vlan1 as primary interface and eth1 as secondary but it seems to go sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, also when vlan1 becomes available again the PPPoE doesn't reconnect but stays on eth1, there is a way to handle this ?