Wine does work fine on Big Sur, including Winbox.
Mikrotik is claiming this for years, and it has never been true.
- the window handling in wine is broken
- capturing of the mousepointer works sometimes but not always
- window resizing is not possible on m1 hardware
- the file handling is broken (but has become better in recent versions)
- if you dare to update the firmware via file-upload you can reproducibly brick devices to a point where you need to netinstall the device
- whenever you update MacOS you are in danger to brick your Winbox
I work on MacOS on a daily basis and Winbox is the only company I know of, that is not releasing cross plattform software.