Community discussions

MikroTik App

prmfeddema
Topic Author

Feature request for mobile app. bandwidth limiter set

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi all,
As most, if not all vendors, except for MikroTik do not seem to get it on how parental controls should work. Now i am using the HexS to control access. Unfortunately the apps (both IOS as well as Android) do not offer the possibility to set bandwidth limitations. Would this be available on the short time?

In addition it would help if there would be a guide to allow the app to (safely) connect from the outside world so settings can be applied remotely

Rationale: As teenagers need internet to do their homework/project you (as a parent) want to limit the bandwidth to prevent them from watching videos, playing games etc. On other occasions you want to give them full access (or block it completely).

Kr,

Pascal

erkexzcx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Feature request for mobile app. bandwidth limiter set

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Wait until they figure out how to change MAC address. Seems they should not worry about VPNs in this case:)

Can you be more specific on what is missing in Mikrotik routers? You want to enable/disable internet access, throttle bandwidth or block certain websites?

prmfeddema
Topic Author

Re: Feature request for mobile app. bandwidth limiter set

Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:47 am

I've already figured out that the bandwidth limiter can be accessed through the advanced setting menu - but i would appreciate a more simpler menu due to wife acceptance factor :-)

as for using different mac addresses: the iphones are already doing that automatically so i get that disabled on their phones. if i notice that they do re-enable random mac addressed to prevent tracking i will simply move to whitelisting mac addresses on my network :-). It will then be either a fixed mac address or no internet at all....