Community discussions

MikroTik App

antleo
just joined
Topic Author

bridge sends out duplicate DHCP Request with own mac

Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 am

All, I am having a bit of a problem, to start, the network is pretty simple(its a testing environment) its a router(rb3011)plugged into a switch, a ubiquiti ptmp AP (LAP-AC), 2 client stations(ns5-ac-gen2) and client clients (in this case raspberry PIs) behind each of them. I enabled option 82 on the client side stations, then client isolation on the Ap. I then enabled local proxy arp on the bridge interface of the router. the router is acting as a dhcp server. the clients get dhcp addresses, but i also get dhcp requests with the mac address of the router bridge interface, and the specific interface(ether9) that is connected to the switch. They fill the log with messages like:
DHCP-Testing offering lease 192.168.80.60 for<MAC of Router Bridge Interface> to <MAC of Client Station 1(dhcp relay)> without success
DHCP-Testing offering lease 192.168.80.59 for<MAC of Router Ether9> to <MAC of Client Station 1(dhcp relay)> without success
DHCP-Testing offering lease 192.168.80.60 for<MAC of Router Bridge Interface> to <MAC of Client Station 2(dhcp relay)> without success
DHCP-Testing offering lease 192.168.80.59 for<MAC of Router Ether9> to <MAC of Client Station 2(dhcp relay)> without success

what did i miss or need to change to fix this?

antleo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: bridge sends out duplicate DHCP Request with own mac

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 pm

After some more research it appears this may be a function of the ubiquiti dhcp relay sending a request for the reply as well.