MikroTik App

natanielklug
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mikrotik as PPPoE NAS > Auth over FreeRadius BOX

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Hello all,

I am having a problem concerning Mikrotik RouterOS. I have to authenticate my clients over a FreeRadius server. This server has Simultaneous-Use set to 1.

The problem is that when my mikrotik pppoe nas reboots (like energy drop or something like that) this do not send ANY information about AcctStop to FreeRadius so, as you can see, the clients keep connected to FreeRadius.

What can I do to solve this problem? I tryed checkrad but it will not work becouse Mikrotik é "other" to NAS type.

Att,

Nataniel Klug

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik as PPPoE NAS > Auth over FreeRadius BOX

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 am

no idle-timeout ? or keep-alive ?

natanielklug
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 pm

no idle-timeout ? or keep-alive ?
Dear omega-00,

Can you explain what is idle-timeout and keep-alive? I know that Freeradius uses checkrad to verify if a user is still connected to a NAS but, checkrad will only work in some NAS (livingstons, cisco, etc). As you can see Mikrotik é set as "other" and so on this could not be verified.

Att,

Nataniel Klug

mneumark

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:09 am

Hello all,

I am having a problem concerning Mikrotik RouterOS. I have to authenticate my clients over a FreeRadius server. This server has Simultaneous-Use set to 1.

The problem is that when my mikrotik pppoe nas reboots (like energy drop or something like that) this do not send ANY information about AcctStop to FreeRadius so, as you can see, the clients keep connected to FreeRadius.

What can I do to solve this problem? I tryed checkrad but it will not work becouse Mikrotik é "other" to NAS type.

Att,

Nataniel Klug
Check for setting for Simultaneous-Use in /etc/raddb/users. There is where you can set Simultaneous-Use setting. Otherwise, you might want to check freeradius's site... http://wiki.freeradius.org/Main_Page

Matt

natanielklug
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Check for setting for Simultaneous-Use in /etc/raddb/users. There is where you can set Simultaneous-Use setting. Otherwise, you might want to check freeradius's site... http://wiki.freeradius.org/Main_Page
Matt,

Simultaneous-Use is working fine. The problem is that when my NAS reboots (without proper preparation) it do not send any acknowledge to freeradius so, the cliets that were connected to NAS when it reboots, still keep connected to freeradius.

I found another post in this forum that makes more sense... I think it is something about Mikrotik as PPPoE NAS.