What's the best way to remove the following command:
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge interface=all
Then add in the individual ports to the bridge:
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge interface=Gi0/1
add bridge=bridge interface=Gi0/2
add bridge=bridge interface=Gi0/3
With out dropping my ssh/winbox connection or allowing the config to roll back after 1 minute if I can't log back in.

Safe mode will not work here because once I remove "all" the connection drops. I can copy and paste several commands but the connection still drops and I'm not sure if all the interfaces that I added actually got added.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS354 remove interface=all from bridge

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 pm

What happens if you add individual interfaces first and remove interface=all at the end?

You can check actual bridge port list (and flags) by running
/interface bridge port print
at each step to see if things progress in desired direction.

Another possibility would be to add at least one of individual interfaces to LAN interface list and use that interface and MAC access in winbox to connect before breaking bridge apart. In that case your management connection should not break when removing interface=all ... I guess. Possibly this would only work if you used individual interface which has same MAC address as bridge though.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Assign an admin MAC to the bridge interface, will probably drop you but then connect again, that should prevent dropping you changing bridge ports as the bridge wont change MAC address
Have not tested it

clovehitch
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am

What happens if you add individual interfaces first and remove interface=all at the end?
interface=all dynamic adds the remaining interfaces to the bridge so you can't add or remove them individually.
Assign an admin MAC to the bridge interface, will probably drop you but then connect again, that should prevent dropping you changing bridge ports as the bridge wont change MAC address
Have not tested it
thanks for the tip, that worked for me. Setting the admin-mac, login via ssh, safe-mode, then copy and paste to remove "all" and add back the needed ports as the fix.