Community discussions

MikroTik App

ShahabOuraie
just joined
Topic Author

No ARP table entry or DHCP lease for wAP but it's required to be added as static

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Hello there!
It`s my first topic in the forum so I didn`t know is it right place to ask or not (very welcome to let me know if I should remove the topic here and ask again elsewhere)!
-------------------------------------------------

My setup:
RB951Ui-2HnD
ADSL modem ---> ether 1 [192.168.1.1]
TP-Link Archer D7 ---> ether 2 (Archer D7 is set to bridge mode and cable from MTK goes to Lan4/WAN port) [192.193.194.2]
Server ---> ether 3
MTK`s ether2 & ether3 are bridged [Name = bridge-ether2+ether3].
-------------------------------------------------

Question is:
I set Add ARP for leases = enabled for DHCP1 which is running on bridge-ether2+ether3 interface, and APR = reply-only for bridge-ether2+ether3 is set.
There is a static lease for Archer D7 in DHCP1 with the ip [192.193.194.2] and MAC of the wAP, however the status is always waiting I just deleted this static entry and my connection to MTK lost; Added it again and connected once again (I almost sure that before I set apr=reply-only wAP was working with or without static lease).
So why this static lease needed even that there is no ARP entry for wAP in ARP table, neither DHCP status is bound?

ShahabOuraie
just joined
Topic Author

Re: No ARP table entry or DHCP lease for wAP but it's required to be added as static  [SOLVED]

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:56 am

I got my answer!
It`s because wAP ICMP IS OFF.