Community discussions

MikroTik App

lupael
just joined
Topic Author

Serious Issue in Telnet/Terminal/Command

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm

I am having terminal crashing issue on a distribution router. A reboot will fix it for about 3-4 hours and then I'll lose all terminal access again. We rely on a number of Mikrotik API based scripts to automate essential tasks (captive portal disconnects etc.), so this is causing us a lot of trouble.

Here's the exact symptoms when it happens for us:
- Terminal in Winbox/Webbox is just a blank page with a cursor.
- SSH will eventually (after a minute or so) return the splash page, but won't provide a prompt. It just sits forever after the "/command Use command at the base level" line.
- Mikrotik API will allow a socket connection, but won't provide any response to the login commands.

I also saw the suggestion earlier in this thread to try erasing the log, but that doesn't appear to have any effect either.

The router in question is a CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+, with less than 25% CPU load, 1571.8/1984.0 MiB free RAM, 63.3/128.0 MiB free HDD. We are on the long-term firmware (6.47.9). It has about 4800 hotspot card + 4800 script for removing them, but the resources all appear to well under control and this config has worked well for us elsewhere.

Any assistance would be very helpful. Thanks!