Community discussions

MikroTik App

ldavid
just joined
Topic Author

Loss of trafic for a few seconds every 20 minutes in a EoIP tunnel

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi,

We have 3 EoIP link transporting one same VLAN for the same client.

These EoIP are set up between the same router on one side and 3 several routers on the other sides. Every goes well except for one of them. The configurations are identicals. the symptoms are as follow :

Every 20mn, the trafic inside this VLAN/EoIP goes to 0bps for a few seconds and then come back to normal. It is every 20mn, very strange, there is no script of thing like that running every 20mn on this router.

I have found nothing to explain that (interfaces errors, link issue etc ...). There are also other services propagated towards this router but not inside an EoIP tunnel and there is no issue at all. Only inside this EoIP.

Anyone got this kind of strange issue ? It's cyclic, not sure what event can trigger that every 20mn.

Lionel

erkexzcx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Loss of trafic for a few seconds every 20 minutes in a EoIP tunnel

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:59 am

Tried disabling EoIP keepalive (in EoIP interface settings) on both sides?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:14 pm

If keepalive affects the operation, it means that there is extensive packet loss on the path, causing multiple keepalive responses to be lost.
If it is the case, there must be "interface down" and "interface up" messages in the log of at least one of the affected routers.

Are the few second intervals of zero traffic in rx or tx direction?
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

ldavid
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm

I tried to disable the keepalive, good try, but it made no change unfortunatly, still getting 0bps of trafic inside the EoIP every 20 minutes for a few seconds (from 5 to 40 seconds).

The interface EoIP and the interface VLAN inside never do down in the logs. I stayed in front of winbox waiting for the next event, the behaviour was :

- interfaces EoIP and VLAN stay UP
- trafic inside VLAN and then inside the EoIP (as there is only one VLAN going through it) falls to 0bps in RX/TX on both interfaces for a few seconds.

And this is not a winbox view issue, the client using this VLAN is complaining.

I will restart the router tonight.