Community discussions

MikroTik App

danriis
just joined
Topic Author

Simple queues and ocq question

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:50 am

Hi all,
I've been using a simple queue to set the max capacity of our Internet connection, and for that I'm using to two PCQ's, one for upload and one for download, which has been working well in setting a bandwidth maximum for each user. The simple queue is configured for the entire network (10.0.0.0/24).
Now, I'm trying to give a particular user more bandwidth than everyone else so I added another simple queue for his specific IP address and created a new PCQ to reflect the higher download allowance and chose that in the new simple queue config. I also made the new simple queue the parent of the old one.
My problem is that now it seems everyone on the entire network gets the extra speed, not just the on IP I wanted to have it.
I've tried removing the 'parent' selection and changing it to 'none'.
When I disable the new simple queue everything works how it used to, but when enabled everyone is getting too much bandwidth.
Can anyone help me figure out how to only give added bandwidth to specific IP's in the network?
Thanks very much for any direction.

Dan