Community discussions

MikroTik App

markon
Topic Author

DUDE and SNMP on Beta10

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 am

:? I am testing the Dude Server in RouterOS 3.0beta10 and have found a couple of problems that need to be looked into.
  • 1 Discovery of services on many devices is not working. (PING)
    2 SNMP is not working on any device
    3 Adding over 10 Devices to monitor causes the Dude Client to Hang when accessing the settings of the device
RouterOS 3.0beta10 running on a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 1 Gig Memory, 1 SATA 250 Gig Hd.
MB is a Gigabyte GA-945GCM(X)-S2

ricrc
just joined

Re: DUDE and SNMP on Beta10

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:38 am

I Second item #2,

SNMP on RouterOS 3.0beta10 seems not to be working.

Im also having trouble on router with it consuming memory. I believe its caused by Dude on RouterOS 3.0beta10, they're looking into it.

Have you had any issues with memory running low markon?

markon
Topic Author

Re: DUDE and SNMP on Beta10

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 pm

Yes,
However, my testing system has 2 gigs of Ram installed and therefore dose not run out of memory. Having run dude for a couple of years now, it is my experence that it is very intensive and should be run on a machine that is dedicated to the dude.

I do not expect to run dude on RouterOS being used as a router. However, if I can run DUDE with out having to run a POS Microsoft Box, with all its memory leaks and security problems, I will jump for joy.

As the Chairman of the California ISP Association, I will be calling Janus to discuss some issues next week.