Community discussions

MikroTik App

glowingdark
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN / Bridge Configuration Help

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 am

I've been trying to figure out how to do something with an RB450Gx4 for a while. I took a few passes at it, but have not had success.

I am trying to pass two VLANS in a trunk from a Layer 3 switch to the Mikrotik RB450Gx4 (see Bad Network Diagram). I want to have one of the VLANS have an Layer 3 IP address so that it can participate in routing (VLAN 140 - router IP 10.144.96.210/25). I want a separate Layer 3 interface in a separate subnet, Ether3 IP 10.144.110.254/24 - which connects to an industrial control network. I also want to pass another VLAN - VLAN30 over the trunk, and have a couple access ports on the router (Ether2 and Ether5) just passing Layer 2 so that two computers can connect to the VLAN30 network. This is the first time I have run into something I couldn't figure out in RouterOS. I am likely mixing up something with Layer 2 and Layer 3, or not binding an IP address on the interface I think I am.
MikrotikMFG.jpg
Broken / Not working config is attached. I am sure I am doing something dumb, but cannot see where I am going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Machine10Testing.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.