MikroTik App

clouduser000
just joined
Topic Author

How to assign Public IPs - [Partial Solved]

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:01 am

Picture1.png
Hi All,

Like title, I would like to get some advice from you.
I am setting up network like the image above, but cannot find the right way as yet.

My ISP provides A.B.10.10/32 as the first public static IP and has added the block (A.B.200.10/29) later.

By adding pre-routing rule on firewall, masquerade seems working well, and all PCs under Ethernet port 5 show A.B.10.10 when checking public IP. I think no problem at all in this area, but still not sure that is the right way.

What I would like to do is :
1. to assign the public IP block to ethernet port 2 individually,
2. those servers connected through port 2 should not see each other,
3. each server returns its own IP when requested.

Currently, I have assigned Public IPs like A.B.200.12, A.B.200.13 to each server (manual IP set up on each server) that seems working fine in terms of using Internet.
However, 2 things are not what I want.
1. When asking the IP, each server responses its gateway IP.
- IP (A.B.200.12) server is under A.B.200.11 (gateway IP) and it said A.B.200.11 when asking. other server's response is the same. All said "I am A.B.200.11"
2. All servers can see each other through Ping.

Please advise me to set them up correctly.

Thank you all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a while, I have tried and looked into similar posts like you do.

Among them, I found this topic. viewtopic.php?t=136880.

I have read and followed their conversation, and introduced instruction to my environment, however, failed around 5 times.
After last failure, I thought it is not applicable to my situation. So, I just kept that on the bookmark and forgot it.
During one week after my last failure, I have read, learned and tested many things about network. but still not enough to handle all. :)

Yesterday, I read the post carefully once again and successfully set up my network. As yet, no issue at all for
1. to assign the public IP block to ethernet port 2 individually,
3. each server returns its own IP when requested.

So now I am looking for the solution about 2. those servers connected through port 2 should not see each other.
and the other concern is that using public IPs seems vulnerable from the intrusions, I am not sure if I buy any network equipment for it or use firewall rules well on the router.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.