Rockyboa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Data Over Powerlines firmware

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:41 am

Hi,

I'm a big fan of data over power lines.

I'm using PWRLine-US in combo with TP-LINK AV500. I noticed today that my speed from two AV500 was noticeable better than between my hAP mini+Powerline and an AV500. Notice also that my firmware insode my AV500 was 1.3 and the one inside Mikrotik unit was 1.2. How do you update the PWRLINE firmware?

Rock

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Data Over Powerlines firmware

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:49 am

I think its one firmware upon point of sale. I don't see any software support for these units................ (hope I'm wrong)

Rockyboa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:22 am

Hi,

I can connect both unit via CPLwihtout issue, I'm just wondering how is newer PLC firmware are provided.

Are they provided through the normal process via routerOS upgrade.

I noticed a /interface pwr-line upgrade-firmware command. wondering where can I get newer firmware

Rock

Rockyboa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm

I ordered more CPL devices, I like them very much.

Even though the PWR-LINE AP and PWR-LINE US use the same QCA6410, I have different version of the firmware

Again trying to update those to latest.

Here
PR-LINE AP PL6411
1.2.0(3008-20171215-CS)

PWR-LINE US
1.1.2(1611-20150928-CS)

Martin

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi,

I can connect both unit via CPLwihtout issue, I'm just wondering how is newer PLC firmware are provided.

Are they provided through the normal process via routerOS upgrade.

I noticed a /interface pwr-line upgrade-firmware command. wondering where can I get newer firmware

Rock
I don't have one of these devices, but if it's like the LTE modems, "upgrade-firmware" triggers a download from the LTE modem that then download it from Mikrotik. This does not happen automatically with ROS upgrade – PWR-LINE likely same.

But imagine PWR-LINE command above might have an "check" action you can use. If you type same "/interface pwr-line upgrade-firmware" in CLI, then hit the TAB key it will show you all the options to the command.

Since not sure how this work, certainly being at the current long-term or stable version might be good idea – possible firmware for PWR-LINE may be bundled with ROS, but would applied by using /interface pwr-line upgrade-firmware manually.