Community discussions

MikroTik App

bigsrl
just joined
Topic Author

ETH Link Down in communication to ubiquiti antennas

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi everybody

We have an mikrotik hAP ac lite connected to 2 ubiquiti Antennas; each antennas provide an internet connection with an wireless provider (via an PPPoE connection)
Each antenna is connected to an different BTS, each antenna has an PoE power supply.
One was installed around 2 year ago; the other one was installed around 1 years ago.

Since one month, we started to have some issue with both link: in mikrotik log I see a lot of ethernet disconnection to both the antennas link "ether3_Eolo1 link down" and "ether1_Eolo2 link down".
Obviously until link beacame online again, mikrotik log a lot a of pppoe auth error.

So I taken an another new miktotik hAP ac lite, I connected them directly to the antennas, with new cable, to understand if the problem could be the cable or the router.
Also with this scenario, same situation, link enatablished but after some minutes link down etc.

I started to think it could be the auto-negotation in ethernet interfae settings so I disabled it, configuring an 100Mbit fulldplx
For the first time, link stay stable for 23 hour; then again "ether3_Eolo1 link down"

The strange fact is that this router is online since 7-8 month and never shown this problem
Any ide about this problem?
Maybe trying a fw downgrade?
Last edited by bigsrl on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigsrl
just joined
Topic Author

Re: ETH Link Down in communication to ubiquiti antennas  [SOLVED]

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:12 pm

/UPDATE: after some days of test, the problem was ufficially solved disabling the auto-negotiation parameter into ethernet interface settings.

imho there are some issue in latest fw update 'cause all was working fine before latest update

3D can be closed as SOLVED