Community discussions

MikroTik App

wojrep
Topic Author

CRS3xx and set vlan priority - problem

Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to set a vlan priority for a specific vlan traffic and I'm having trouble with that.

CRS309, RoS 6.47.9 or 6.49.1beta27
vlan-filtering=yes

Are vlan priority settings on CRS3xx not working?
Wireshark always reports, priority = 0 regardless of CRS settings .
Does something go wrong in the settings?

Ultimately, the port will handle about 20 vlan with business, IPTV traffic and needs to prioritize for specific vlan.

/interface ethernet switch rule
add ports=sfp-sfpplus1 switch=switch1 new-vlan-priority=4 
add ports=sfp-sfpplus2 switch=switch1 vlan-id=50 mac-protocol=vlan new-vlan-priority=4

mikeeg02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CRS3xx and set vlan priority - problem

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:30 am

Are you wiresharking on another port of the same switch?

Or are you connected to a router, or another switch downstream? If its a downstream mikrotik device, mikrotik bridge default changes vlan priority to priority 0. In which case you would need to add

/interface bridge filter
add action=set-priority chain=forward in-bridge=bridge1 new-priority=from-ingress passthrough=no

The in-bridge deliminter restricts to that bridge if necessary.

Im running 6.47.8 on my CRS326-24G-2S+'s and this works

/interface ethernet switch rule
add new-vlan-priority=5 ports=ether9,ether10,sfp-sfpplus1 switch=switch1 vlan-id=2050

wojrep
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:43 am

It monitors in two ways:
1 - switch mirror and then sniffer for wireshark
2 - Two hEX in bridge mode that have filter rules to trap packets with priorities.

Below, my HEX bridge settings are the equivalent of this rule, but more detailed.

Nice to hear that it works for you, it will verify on your software version. I have checked so far on CRS309 and CRS305 ... maybe the problem applies to these models, I will check on CRS328-4C-20S-4S + RM and CRS326-24S + 2Q + RM

diagramcrs309.png

hEX bridge - we monitor with which vlan priorities packets go :
/interface bridge filter
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=0 ingress-priority=0 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=0 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=1 ingress-priority=1 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=1 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=2 ingress-priority=2 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=2 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=3 ingress-priority=3 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=3 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=4 ingress-priority=4 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=4 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=5 ingress-priority=5 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=5 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=6 ingress-priority=6 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=6 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=7 ingress-priority=7 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=7 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=0 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=0 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=0
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=1 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=1 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=1
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=2 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=2 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=2
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=3 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=3 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=3
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=4 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=4 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=4
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=5 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=5 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=5
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=6 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=6 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=6
add action=set-priority chain=forward comment=7 mac-protocol=vlan new-priority=7 passthrough=yes vlan-id=50 vlan-priority=7
set-vlan-priority.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wojrep on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

wojrep
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:02 am

@mikeeg02 - How do you verify that your switch actually marks these packets with priority?

I checked on and no effect on CRS326-24S+2Q+RM

mikeeg02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:31 pm

The bridge filters you have created on the switch will not work when the vlans/traffic are being handled in HW mode. If you look at the statistics for those filter rules you will likely notice the counters not incrementing.

Looking your original post, in the switch rules you have the sfp ports listed to set priority, but that's ingress to the switch. Not egress out the interface. You have to set priority on each interface on ingress to the switch. (Or by Mac, etc if desired)

I have verified using packet sniffer (built in wireshark) on the outgoing interface and through the various equipment the traffic travels through as its part of a routed vpls network. (Had to verify it was getting to its destination with the appropriate priority still intact.

wojrep
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:40 pm

I know that the rule in the bridge filter does not work for CRS3xx, so I will set it in the ACL rules. My sfpplus1 and sfpplus2 ports are input and output ports, there are no others for this vlan (test environment).

I downloaded the snifer's pcap files on the output from CRS3xx and the priority is always 0.
I have confirmed that CRS3xx will reset the priority, even if a packet with such a priority enters it, the output is always 0.
I wrote a support application.

wojrep
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:05 pm

From SUPPORT:

"We have managed to reproduce the issue locally in our labs and look forward to fixing it on upcoming RouterOS versions, unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA now.

Best regards,
Edgars P."

mikeeg02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 pm

From SUPPORT:

"We have managed to reproduce the issue locally in our labs and look forward to fixing it on upcoming RouterOS versions, unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA now.

Best regards,
Edgars P."
Did you try going to 6.47.8? I haven't tried the newer stuff. Too many complaints. 6.47.8 seemed to have the arm fixes and be more stable than the long term 6.47.9. 6.47.8 is what I'm running.

Edit: I don't have any 309s, but I have a lot of 326s configured this way and verified to be working.

wojrep
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:30 pm

I went down to 6.45.x and every time there was the same symptom, I checked on 4 different CRS3xx models, unfortunately I do not have yours ... maybe you have an exception.