Community discussions

MikroTik App

mcisar
Topic Author

Hotspot "no more sessions are allowed for user"

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:40 am

We have a small hotspot set up for an office area. We have currently only one profile set up which has no restrictions, no expiry and the number of sessions per user is set to unlimited. We have some users that are reporting that they recieve the message "no more sessions allowed for user" if they attempt to log in twice (ie. with their phone and with their laptop, etc).

Is there someplace else that I need to configure an "unlimited" sessions for each user or something else that would be triggering this message?

Mike

mcisar
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot "no more sessions are allowed for user"

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Update, have double checked that both the profiles assigned to users and the users themselves both are set to unlimited sessions, the problem still persists however.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on how I can further troubleshoot why the users are only able to log in once before receiving the no more sessions error?

petertosh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hotspot "no more sessions are allowed for user"

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:00 am

Do you use userman for authentification of the users? If yes, how many concurrent sessions do you have at max? I once had the problem that userman was denying more than 20 concurrent sessions while there was a level 4 license on the router. When I upgraded to license level 5 this limit was removed. But it could be another issue your case...

On this see https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:License