MikroTik App

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR1072 Router on Stick

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this scenario or question has been asked for numerous times here, I just want to validate if what I'm trying to do is the right approach on this setup, normally in cisco and juniper gear I always do inter-vlan routng in the switch but since mikrotik doesn't have a full L3 capability I decided to do ROT approach, the question is this the right approach on this problem?

Do you think it much better to throw many optics/transceiver on CCR since it has a plenty port, then I'll just put each port as untagged and let do the switch to do its thing and let CCR do plain routing?
I just simulate the scenario in gns3 before we buy the gear, Thanks advance guy in advance

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CCR1072 Router on Stick

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 am

Hi All,

I know that this would work, I just have to find out in absence of the switch chip on CCR 1072 is this doable terminating a single multi-mode fiber going to the switch is sufficient enough for at least 5G of real throughput including Simple Queue, NAT and HotSpot. I don't ask for the config I'm just simply soliciting opinion if CCR1072 is up to the task, this is my first venture on mikrotik gear that's why i'm very cautious because of my inexperience with the Tiks... :)

Thanks in advance guys for anyone is willing to chime in :)

Best,

Ronald

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CCR1072 Router on Stick

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 am

We have decided to split the architecture instead of buying CCR 1072 I ditch it and buy 3 CCR1036 instead and partner it with CRS317-1G-16S+RM