Community discussions

MikroTik App

twoopi
just joined
Topic Author

Multicast dropout issue

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:33 am

Being a bit of a multicast newbie, this issue has been stumping me for a while now.

We have a client that has an IPTV setup over an internal network that we manage, multicast from one box to many TVs.
Every 4 and a half minutes, it will drop connection to the stream for about a second.

We have a distribution switch (CRS326-24S+2Q+), which connects to 2 switches at each area (4 areas, each with a CRS354 and CRS328) which then connects to the TVs, among other things.

The IPTV multicast sender is connected to a 4011 off to the side (Have had it straight into the CRS326), which connects straight to the CRS326

All connected on a vlan between the switches on a single subnet, with the CRS326 as the multicast querier.

Everything is running 6.48, except the CRS326 at 6.48.1.

When the dropoffs happen, nothing changes on the MDB. But it's always the same time from when you start watching a channel/stream. With the time between (Seems to be between 4 minutes 20 and 4 minutes 30), it made me look at the membership interval on the multicast querier, but I have increased that without any changes to the issue.

Any ideas where the issue are coming from will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.