Community discussions

MikroTik App

Queria
just joined
Topic Author

Double nat hairpin

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:54 pm

Hello there!
I have a problem with my wireguard configuration when I'm using VPN in my LAN network.
My configuration is as follow. From interenet side I have a router, this router is connected to second router by WAN and to this router I connected my Mirkotik where I have Wireguard installed. I forwarded port so i have vpn acces to my LAN network from the outside, but not from the inside. Is this possible to create hairpin with double nat setup?
I have working solution with one nat, and its simple, but have no ide how to setup with double nat.

I could really use your help.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Double nat hairpin

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 pm

First you are in the wrong forum.
Wireguard is only available in the beta version of the software so you should be posting here.
viewforum.php?f=1

Hairpin Nat only applies to the MT router.
Hairpin Nat applies when one tries to access a LOCAL Server by a public IP address and the user and the server are on the same subnet.
Since you are thrice removed from the public IP dont know if solving that would be possible.
Recommend put the VPN server and local users on a different subnet to alleviate hairpin nat need, but the bigger issue would be to get the traffic in and out of three routers.