MikroTik App

rrameezsalamat
just joined
Topic Author

Routers are not providing speed

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 pm

Hello experts,
I am newbie at mikrotik router os.
I have RB 950G2hnd and i configured it as dual wan (of same speed 50mb each) load balancer per connection classifier.
I didnt configure any pppoe or hotspot server.
The problem is my wireless n router is not providing speed however if i connect on lan i am getting full 95 mb speed, thought the router is faulty and changed it with a nee ine but still i have so many routers like tp link 840, 940n but all are having same problem and they are not providing speed not on 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

Please suggest any solution

Thank you

ykleet

Re: Routers are not providing speed

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:31 pm

Wifi speed, say 54mb, is only a connection speed. Actual data transmission between ap and device depends on your many things, like signal to noise, distance, barriers in-between etc.

rrameezsalamat
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:12 am

Wifi speed, say 54mb, is only a connection speed. Actual data transmission between ap and device depends on your many things, like signal to noise, distance, barriers in-between etc.
yes you are right it depends upon the devices. but i am talking about bandwidth speed and not the connection speed, connection speed is 72mbps on 2.4ghz router but i have checked 5ghz routers are also not providing bandwidth speed (checked with speedtest). i am checking on different devices like mobile phones, laptops but all are having same issue. while on the other hand if i do connect this router to ONT device (Wan 50mb) directly then it is working perfectly and providing speed of 30 - 35 mb.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Your post is confusing and all over the map.
a. confirm routing is via an MT router and there are no issues with wired speeds.
b. confirm using MT wifi (within a router, or a separate access point/router) and this is the device that is not giving you speeds?
c. if b is correct then what speeds are you expecting and what are you getting.