MikroTik App

rooneybuk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Bridge Trunk Ports

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Bridge Trunk Ports

I have just bought 2 x CRS326-24G-2S+RM and am running routerOS on them I’m trying to trunk a port between them for all VLANs and then bridge a trunk port from one of them to another port to a wireless ap supporting multiple said/vlans I’m really not new to these technologies just can’t figure out the MikroTik way

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bridge Trunk Ports

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm

rooneybuk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:28 pm

Thanks this is a really nice article but the access ports
don’t work in this scenario on my hardware

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

The article should apply to CRS326 ... but if you have some weird scenario (can't figure it out completely from your vague description), then you have to adjust the config from article for your particular case.

You can post config (at least from one of units) so we can see if there's room for improvement. Run /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish from terminal window, fetch resulting file, open it in text editor and copy-paste it here - put it inside [code] [/code] environment.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm

Thanks this is a really nice article but the access ports
don’t work in this scenario on my hardware
Then you need to adjust your thinking as the guide works, and your config does not......... imagine that!

rooneybuk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:38 pm

Thanks all I missed a key part of pvid on ports not working until you enable vlan filter on the bridge

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Thanks all I missed a key part of pvid on ports not working until you enable vlan filter on the bridge
Been there done that! The enabling of bridge vlan filtering should be the last step after configuring all.
Annoyingly this causes the router to burp and one has to relogin and confirm that bridge vlan filtering is still enabled. (sometimes take a couple of tries).
The other common issue, which I did recently on a modification on a capac with RoS was to forget to assign the PVID on the bridge port settings for the access ports.
One cannot go wrong using the guide as a checklist.