Community discussions

MikroTik App

sb56637
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Simple queue is detecting traffic but not limiting it

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi there, on my home network I use a simple queue for QoS on a PPPoE connection that the MikroTik device establishes through a fiber internet terminal in bridge mode, and everything works as expected. However, I'm trying to help a friend with a similar configuration, except that he has to use the "Automatic" method for WAN address acquisition on the MikroTik. It doesn't matter in his case if LAN traffic is also limited to the same speed. The problem is that it's not limiting the speed. We set it to a max limit of 50M up/down and tried "bridge", "ether1" and "192.168.1.0/24" for the target. I confirm that fasttrack is disabled in the firewall. Under the queues overview the icon reacts to network traffic and turns yellow and red. But it's not limiting it, it allows it to go well over 100M. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Simple queue is detecting traffic but not limiting it

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:45 am

You would have to provide an /export output for us to even begin to try and help.

sb56637
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Simple queue is detecting traffic but not limiting it

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:04 am

You would have to provide an /export output for us to even begin to try and help.
Thanks, I understand, but that might not be possible in this case.
I was mainly looking for some tips on common mistakes, and specifically wondering if maybe the queue can't throttle the connection because the MikroTik isn't establishing the PPPoE connection (fiber box isn't in bridge mode) ?