Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rutger
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot acces Mikrotik services from server side VPN.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi there,
I’ve set-up a very simple VPN connection (PPTP) between two mikrotik routers.
The first one runs a PPTP server and is on a regular 192.168.1.0/24 network
The second one runs as a PPTP client and uses the vpn interface to masquerade. So all of its traffic is going through the tunnel. Devices connect to this board are receiving IP’s from the 10.10.3.0/24 range.
In the second router, i’ve mapped some ports in order to be accessible from the 192.168.1.0/24 network. That works great when accessing it’s VPN Client IP: 192.168.1.120 on different ports such as 81 and 554.
However, when I try to acces the 2nd router itself for management purposes from the 192.168.1.0/24 network, i get no return. I’ve mapped and opened the ports in the router’s firewall, however i didn’t manage to get a connection running when using the IP 192.168.1.120.
I’d like to manage the 2nd acces point through the tunnel from within the server side network. I’m allso unable to ping the mikrotik from the serverside.
When I setup windows as a VPN client (With the same credentials). It is completely accessible and pingable through the tunnel.
Anyone got the golden clue? 😊

Settings-file:
2nd_router_settings.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.