Community discussions

MikroTik App

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CAPSMann no usable channel error message

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm having about 11 Mikrotik routers running which are managed through CAPSMann. I'm using the same CAPSMann config for the routers (2 profiles, 2.4 and 5Ghz profile). No I discovered the following error message on one of the WIFI access points:

"no usable channels, possible regulatory info mismatch with CAP"
Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.22.19.png
Any suggestion what is happening? How can I resolve this?

Also some of the WIFI routers do not have the R (running) in the status column. Any idea why not? They are up and running without any problems. Does the R show up when there is a client connected to the WIFI?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPSMann no usable channel error message

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:16 pm

1) I'd believe that the error message is relevant, so what is the value of the configuration.country value in the output of /caps-man actual-interface-configuration print where name~"11-E-2", and what is the output of :put [/interface wireless get 0 country] on the cAP itself?

2) yes, R is only shown when at least one client is associated to the interface

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:46 pm

This is the feedback from that command:

[admin@MikroTik-RB750-DudeServer] > /caps-man actual-interface-configuration print where name~"11-E-2"
Flags: M - master, D - dynamic, B - bound, X - disabled, I - inactive, R - running
0 MDBI ;;; no usable channels, possible regulatory info mismatch with CAP
name="Helius-Mikrotik-Wifi-11-E-2" mac-address=XX:YY:ZZ:AA:BB:07 arp-timeout=auto radio-mac=XX:YY:ZZ:AA:BB:07 master-interface=none configuration.mode=ap
configuration.ssid="WsvHelius" configuration.country=netherlands configuration.installation=any configuration.distance=dynamic datapath.bridge=bridge1
datapath.local-forwarding=yes channel.frequency=5180,5200,5220,5240 channel.control-channel-width=20mhz channel.band=5ghz-onlyac channel.extension-channel=disabled
channel.skip-dfs-channels=yes

So the country is set to the Netherlands.

I'm using the same CAPsMan config for the other routers as well. As it is the same config I would expect that all devices behave in the same way. How come this particular one is acting differently.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 pm

You've answered just one of my questions, so I repeat the second one: what country is set at the cAP itself under /interface wireless? Also, there is another possibly interesting point in the actual-interface-configuration above: channel.band=5ghz-onlyac, does the problematic cAP support the AC mode at all?
As it is the same config I would expect that all devices behave in the same way. How come this particular one is acting differently.
Are the cAPs also running the same RouterOS version? And have you configured them as cAPs the same way? Which way in particular?

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:55 pm

There is no country set on the AP itself as this is not possible to my understanding. As it is managed by the CAPsMan, I cannot set the country locally on the AP itself. See screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 16.49.13.png
I've two type of Mikrotik devices on the network all running the same software (except 1 AP), see screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 16.46.38.png
All the AP's are managed through the CAPsMan, there is a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz profile. And all the wAP's are managed using the same profile.

Does this feedback answer your questions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:07 pm

You cannot set the country locally on the cAP once its wireless interface is controlled by CAPsMAN, but you can still see the setting if you use the command line (available after pressing the [Terminal] button) command I've suggested. My speculation was that some other country profile than netherlands might be set on that wAP, and that it is not simply overridden by the country value requested by CAPsMAN but it must be the same unless its value is no_country_set. I've just checked such a hypothetic issue doesn't exist on 6.46.8 I'm running here (the CAPsMAN setting simply overrides the local setting on the interface), but I don't know whether it's the same case at your 6.47.6. Some additional measure to assure regulation conformance may have been added in the meantime.

Given that the misbehaving cAP is the same model running the same RouterOS version like the well-behaving ones, I've got no more ideas at the moment.

Regarding the "way", my question was whether you've configured the wAPs into cAP mode using the long press of the reset button after powerup or whether you have configured them some other way (QuickSet, reset-to-defaults etc.).

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Thanks for your support. Always appreciated.

It was a long time ago I configure the AP's. I had them running as normal AP's without CAPs, then I setup the CAPsManager and added the AP's one by one to the CAPsManager. So at that stage I didn't reset them or something like that. I simply added them to CAPs and then they were provisioned automatically.
When they were running as normal CAP the country was also set to Netherlands.

I will reboot the device and see if that solves the problem.

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:36 pm

For now, after the reboot of the single AP, the problem is solved. Not sure for how long of course,