Community discussions

MikroTik App

noumanqaiser
just joined
Topic Author

Evaluating Part Selection in my topology

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:42 pm

I wanted to setup a LAN network in a factory envronment.

The idea is the following:

We would have a main Switch(MikroTik CRS328-4C-20S-4S+RM). Many different nodes would be connected to the main switch, each node would use a Powerbox Pro(MikroTik PowerBox Pro) to offer RJ45 copper connectivity to a field computer/PLC. We will be utilizing Single mode fibers and 1g SFP module all across(MikroTik S-31DLC20D). Note that the fiber link length would vary from 50m to 1km.

The entire network would be a flat bridged network where all devices have statically assigned IP Addresses in the same subnet. The idea is that any device within the LAN should be able to ping another device anywhere in the same LAN network.

I have attached a picture of the network/devices for clarity on how the topology is going to look like.

My questions are the following:

• Can PowerBox Pro be used in bridged mode to allow devices connected to different PowerBox Pros to talk to communicate with each other?
• Do you foresee any challenge in using the S-31DLC20D modules for short fiber links(~50m). Is attenuation likely to be needed? Can you what different attenuators I should buy?
• The network is being setup for a factory so a high communication reliability is expected. Do you feel the part selection is good enough or should be improved.Can you suggest any changes?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks
Nouman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.