Community discussions

MikroTik App

benel
just joined
Topic Author

possible bug about windbox and VPN access

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am new at the MT world (less than one year), I am a happy customer, but on the last days I have a strange situation - sometimes after i make some changes on the VPN config part, I find the VPN Access thick box nu-tiked on the Quick Set screen.
If I try to enable-it it will reset all my connections and re-connect all the clients from the LAN but it will not keep the VPN Access thick-box ticked.
Sometimes it even crashes the Winbox.
The reboot of the router sometimes solve this, sometimes it does not.
Hap Ac2 winbox v6.48.1 on Win 10 Pro 20H2.

Is this a known bug? Do you have any solution for this?
I can provide a video and/or a log file for this if needed.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: possible bug about windbox and VPN access

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am

1. There's no "windbox".
2. Once you configure the router using QuickSet and afterwards you make some changes to the config manually, YOU NEVER USE QUICKSET AGAIN, EVER!.
That should solve your problems.

benel
just joined
Topic Author

Re: possible bug about windbox and VPN access

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:36 am

Sorry for my typo, but, do not kill the man for this.

If I am not allowed to use-it after the first setup, why is this still active? Is more logical to be de-activated after you confirm your setup. I do not see any restrictions or any "Note" about "not to use this after..." , so I might be allowed, but maybe is not a good practice from your point of view.
I am using the quick setup to take a look on the basic of the router, something similar to an overview where I found the "state of the routerbord" and where I can change some desired settings as: change the PPPoE pass of the user (sometimes I need this), verify the connection status, take a quick look at the DHCP Server ip pool, activate or de-activate the VPN Access, change the Wifi password, press the WPS Accept when needed (I noticed that pressing this from the Wifi interface lead's me to not connect all the equipment every time even if I press this button for 2.4 Wifi, but it will always do the job from the Quick Set screen).

I really like the Quick Set, especially the Wireless Clients area where I can see the MAC, IP, Uptime and the Signal Strength. I would really like to see that Signal Strength on the Wireless Tables - Access List as a column, it will be extremely useful.

P.S. I cannot edit that wind, is there something that I miss?