Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

SOLVED: Strange bridged network

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:54 pm

Hi, this is my problem... I have a bridged network (like image attached) where the PC can ping server, server can ping PC but when I try to have access to server it don't sees PC IP address but 2.4 GHz AP IP address... in other words, PC sees Server with right address (192.168.1.10) but Server sees PC with 192.168.1.103 IP address, not 192.168.1.200.
2.4 GHz AP have AP-Wlan card bridged with eth port and all wireless network are WDS bridged. If I try to connect PC directly to the station 2 via ethernet all work fine. 2.4 GHz AP have gateway (ADSL Router) configured and masquerade NAT is enabled. If masquerade is disabled all work fine but I need masquerade enabled for use internet via 2.4 GHz AP.

Any suggestion?

Tnx

Paolo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by triac on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

nasriza
just joined

Re: Strange bridged network

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:24 am

try tracert the network first, see hop each other, where-where do the routing goes to, and copy the routing-tracert here!

Letni

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:43 am

From the description you gave it sounds like an issue on 103.
I would make a backup of 103. Then reset your config and reprogram it.
I am curious if you setup hotspot on 103 and possibly did not remove all the firewall rules.

-Louis

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:22 am

Hi, Tnx for answers,

nasriza, I've tried with traceroute on both sides but there isn't hops, the PC catches up directly the server and the same for the server, it catches up directly the PC.

Letni, for me it's big problem reset the AP but maybe this is the only solution....
The hotspot is also configured, this AP work with VAP configured for hotspot and wlan configured for direct connection (wlan is bridged with eth port). Below the NAT config.
If I disable "masquerade bridge network" all work fine but I cannot use internet from direct connection.

Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:35 pm

If it is important for you to see correct address on the server, exclude this data from being masqueraded, add action=accept rule for this traffic (SSH, Telnet, Winbox) before masquerade rule.

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

SOLVED: Strange bridged network

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:09 am

Yep!! Accept rule work fine!

Thank You Sergejs.

Paolo