Community discussions

MikroTik App

stefki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

cacti monitoring interface bandwidth

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Hello all, I know this is not mikrotik issue or right place to ask this question, but I hope some of you experienced engineers, gurus could help me with my problem.
Yesterday after many years I have decided to monitor my CCR router. I have installed Cacti version 1.2.16, the mikrotik plugin and the template 0.8.8f .
When I started to monitor my WAN interface ether1, after few minutes the graph appear with wrong information. Instead getting the bandwidth in Megabits , I am getting the values in mega bytes.
I checked the data sources in Cacti and there is no option for Megabits, only Mikrotik - Interface Bytes Tx/Rx for ETHER1 data source is available. So the question is how I can get the real data from CCR mikrotik to be graphed in Cacti. The bandwidth of ether1. TX/RX in Megabits.

This is the router traffic
speed.png
And the graph from the cacti
speed1.png
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: cacti monitoring interface bandwidth

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:12 am

While the Mikrotik template comes with an interface graph - you can use the cacti inbuilt NET-SNMP templates for interface counters too which do include Megabits per second (in 64bit as well). All my interfaces are using the default cacti SNMP graphs - and I use the Mikrotik template to get stats for non-standard items such as health items and Queue stats (as they do not appear via SNMP as an interface)

I'm not sure why the Mikrotik template doesn't include one by default - but if you are set on using the mikrotik data collection method / template - you could also copy the interface template and modify it to multiply the value by 8 (and change the labels as well) so you now have megabits.