Community discussions

MikroTik App

mohkhalifa
just joined
Topic Author

Downloading from ONE interface

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:06 am

Dear Guys,

I have MikroTik CHR OS x64 with the latest version connected with 10 Interfaces, 1x Out to firewall and 9x In routers. So, If I'm trying to download a file from IDM working fine with the full bandwidth from the 9x routers BUT with any other application for ex. google chrome, working only from ONE INTERFACE not all of them as IDM.

Please Advise!

Thanks

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Downloading from ONE interface

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:59 am

IDM is still just a downloader - it may just chunk it out and try get multiple streams going - which can help depending on features of your firewall or ISP in what they might do for rate limiting (PCQ etc)

A lot of variables at play here, and you'd need to isolate down to which device/port/portion is causing the issue.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Dear Guys,

I have MikroTik CHR OS x64 with the latest version connected with 10 Interfaces, 1x Out to firewall and 9x In routers. So, If I'm trying to download a file from IDM working fine with the full bandwidth from the 9x routers BUT with any other application for ex. google chrome, working only from ONE INTERFACE not all of them as IDM.

Please Advise!

Thanks
Simply: If you navigate on one site, the browser WANT and MUST HAVE the same IP on same site.

mohkhalifa
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Thanks guys for your replies. So, How can I fix that if the site request to use only 1 IP address to download the file ? As I want to use my MikroTik full bandwidth

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:15 am

Thanks guys for your replies. So, How can I fix that if the site request to use only 1 IP address to download the file ? As I want to use my MikroTik full bandwidth
You can't with simply a browser and a site accepting only one IP from each user connection.