Community discussions

MikroTik App

ramirez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Client to CHR L2TP/IPsec link, not establishing.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Has anyone successfully connected via L2TP/IPsec (manual - transport mode) a physical client MT to a CHR Windows Server 2019 dedicated machine (with Vmware Workstation 16 / or other vm platform) ?

I have tried allowing UDP ports 500, 1701, 4500 on windows firewall (on the dedicated server) , didn't make a difference.
Have set a rule on the CHR OS to accept the ports in IP/firewall
All passwords are the same on both sides...

Not able to establish a connection ...

I can ping 8.8.8.8 but like I said am unable to establish a connection ...
The server has a /32 public address and I have requested a separate public IP address from the provider (that is on a different sub-net) . I have connected CHRs in the past when behind a regular ISP modem by choosing VMnet0 Bridged on the VM but since there isn't a DHCP running (as mentioned I have only a /32 public address from the provider) I cannot use that option . So if anyone can please through some help, I 'd appreciate it.

P.S. If you notice on the screen shot it shows as src address on IPsec/policies (this is the server side) 0.0.0.0 when it should show the CHR's LAN address, on the client's side the LAN address appears fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.