Community discussions

MikroTik App

9000inc
just joined
Topic Author

Adding Home AP's with simple queues

Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am

Hello sorry for anything I mess up in this post I am new here. Previously I had lots of experience working for a small wisp that used MikroTik due to its flexibility and controls I have decided to use some hAP lite and hAP mini routers to add AP's to each house on my property at first the goal was to do this all wirelessly however now im looking into a wired connection for improved stability the current issue I am having using a hAP lite to connect to my ISP's router as a station pseudo bridge from that router I want to bridge to two other routers all of it works great except the queue's the queue's I had setup limited all traffic on target 192.168.254.0/24 placing the queue on the station router works as expected limiting traffic to that speed when another router is connected to the station as a bridge if I use the same queue on that router it appears to have no effect and upload/download rates for the queue show nearly no traffic seeing this I tried various setups for example trying to limit ethernet ports as well as setting the target ip as the router through everything I have tried that first simple queue setup can not be obtained at the moment I am still connecting each home AP wirelessly as a station pseudo bridge and only one router connected over ethernet to a router with the same station config due to signal loss sorry for the rambling I guess all I really want is to connect a router over ethernet as well as wifi to my isp's router then from that routers ports i want to individually queue each ethernet port or the router on the other end that it is connected.

I have also attached my three current configs,
router station / ap (gets internet via station and creates bridge + virtual ap) (works as expected though id like to upgrade the connection as well as not have any additional stations I do not need)
router station ethernet bridge to router ap (gets internet via station and bridges to outside router) (with 2 routers behind bridge cant limit each router individually can only create a shared queue)
router ethernet bridge ap (gets internet from 2nd config and creates ap) (queue just does not seem to work at all regardless of interface or target ip)

Any help or troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated love MT but man sometimes it confuses me so much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

9000inc
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Adding Home AP's with simple queues

Thu May 06, 2021 2:29 am

Update it appears you can limit speeds by the interface data rates currently to have a improved signal while still limiting bandwidth this is what I am now doing however a queue offers the ability to set a specific speed while data rates are rather unspecific... (10m half 10m full, 100m half, 100m full, etc) so while this is better than before id really love to be able to actually choose the speeds rather then working with the check boxes in data rates with further testing still about at the same place with queues :(